December Cryptocurrency Predictions Report is Cautiously Positive, while some Coins Continue to drop, Others are Expected to Recover
The experts on personal finance comparison site finder.com’s latest monthly Cryptocurrency Predictions Survey have recently given their thoughts on the drops over the last week of November. Their predictions for December are cautious for most coins, but positive for others.
It’s not set to be a very positive month for Binance Coin (BNB), Litecoin (LTC), and TRON (TRX). Unfortunately all coins are forecast to fall even further by December 31, with Binance suffering the biggest decrease at -32 percent. This is followed by Litecoin at -13 percent, and Tron at -12 percent.
Commenting on Litecoin’s outlook, Alisa Gus, CEO of WishKnish, said, “It’s not looking good for [Litecoin], especially considering it’s been positioning itself as a financial transactions coin, and yet Ripple and Stellar are dominating that market.”
However the panelists are predicting some coins to make strong recoveries. Stellar (XLM) and Cardano (ADA) are both expected to increase by 100 percent over the next month – to $0.28 and $0.06 respectively. Explaining his rationale behind Stellar’s predicted rise, Miko Matsumura of Evercoin said it had a “muscular ecosystem” and “many deep ties to industry and enterprise”.
Bitcoin (BTC) is also expected to have a significant increase, rising by 81 percent. Despite dropping to a low of $3,587 on November 25, 2018, panelists in the Finder survey forecast the coin could recover to $6,778 as soon as January 1, 2019.
Panelists were not all in agreement with each other when it came to bitcoin. They gave varied predictions for its value over the next month, with five of the nine panelists giving predictions above US$5,000, while four panelists expect the coin to be valued at or below US$4,000 by January 1, 2019. This includes Fred Schebesta, CEO and co-founder of HiveEx.com and Finder.com, who gave the lowest prediction on the panel at just US$1,800 for January 1, suggesting he doesn’t expect a recovery over the next year.
Jon Ostler, UK CEO at finder.com says, “The end of November marked big shifts in the cryptocurrency market, particularly for bitcoin, which saw it’s value nearly halved between November 14th and the 25th. Some coins saw bigger drops than others, but all the top ten coins by market cap have experienced some kind of fall, and continue to drop.
“Our panelists were cautiously optimistic this month, and while the average prediction suggests the market could recover by as soon as January, a few of our panelists noted it could fall even further. This past week has demonstrated the volatility of the market once more. While our panelists predictions provide interesting insights, this month really shows that when it comes to cryptocurrency at the moment, all bets are off.
“As such, when reading this report, people should always remember the inherent volatility of the market. Always do your own research and make financial decisions based on your own personal financial circumstances.”
- December Cryptocurrency Predictions Report is Cautiously Positive, while some Coins Continue to drop, Others are Expected to Recover – December 6, 2018
- “Blockchain for Europe” Launched by Leading Global Blockchain Companies – December 4, 2018
- G20 leaders call for taxation system of cryptocurrency – December 3, 2018
- Grand Finale Week of Block.one’s EOS Global Hackathon Kicks Off in Cape Town, set to award US$500,000 to winning team – December 3, 2018
- UTRUST announces Partnership with Payrexx to Change European Crypto-Payment Landscape to User Friendly Platform – November 29, 2018
- SportsFix to launch 150,000 Crypto Wallets with ProximaX – November 27, 2018
- London Block Exchange and AlphaPoint Mined First Digital Pound Sterling Ever – November 27, 2018
- Swytch announces Launch of Secure AI-Powered Renewable Energy Platform on Blockchain – November 26, 2018
- All Star Team Announces WHIRL, a Socially Driven ‘Pay it Forward’ Crowdfunding Platform Built on the Blockchain – November 22, 2018
- A Review of this weeks Market Collapse, this was one of the Most Dramatic Daily Selloffs in The Entire Year. – November 21, 2018
- Blockchain New Foundation of Democracy? Blockchain Based Voting app VOATZ could Lead the Way – November 20, 2018
- Switcheo Network Launches First Exchange to Support both NEO and Ethereum blockchains. – November 20, 2018
- Datametrex and Nexalogy Environics develop Fake News Detection Filter – November 19, 2018
- Kinesis Money and Allocated Bullion Exchange seek to create a commercial blockchain venture with Jakarta Futures Exchange in Indonesia – November 16, 2018
- Transform Group CEO Michael Terpin Named one of the Most Respected ICO Advisors and Influencers – November 10, 2018
- WISeKey Announces Release of WISePhone, the First Ever Secure Android Blockchain Phone with Cryptocurrency Payment Capabilities – November 9, 2018
- WISeKey Announces WISfans, a Platform that Deters Counterfeiting of Branded Sports merchandise and Connects Clubs with their Fans – November 8, 2018
- Radiant Earth Foundation teams up with Blockchain software company ConsenSys to Make Geospatial Data More Accessible – November 8, 2018
- A Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against India Globalization Capital, Inc. by Gainey and McKenna & Egleston – November 7, 2018
- Blockchain used to empower African smallholder farmers to enter the global food market – November 6, 2018