Guide to mining MicroBitcoin on your desktop / laptop (Nvidia GPU Mining)
MicroBitcoin GPU Mining Guide for Nvidia
This is a simple guide on setting up a GPU miner on your desktop or laptop that runs a Nvidia or AMD graphics card.
Step 1: Go to the link below and download the ccminer_52.exe file
*make sure that you are on the latest version of the miner*
(you may need to exclude the file from the virus scanner)
Step 2: Create a wallet for obtaining MicroBitcoin
Step 3: Create mbc.bat file
- Open notepad program
- Add the below text and replace “YOUR WALLET ADDRESS HERE” with the address from the created wallet
- This part of the text “stratum+tcp://mbc-asia.skypool.co:8001”will depend on which pool and port is used.
ccminer_52.exe -a rfv2 -o stratum+tcp://mbc-asia.skypool.co:8001 -u YOUR WALLET ADDRESS HERE -p c=MBC
*make sure there is a space after the wallet address*
- In the menu, go to File > Save As
- Select “All Files “ under Save as type:
- Name the file as mbc.bat and then select Save
*Pools with higher hashrates can be harder to get rewards. Try switching to a pool with a lesser hashrate*
For more pools, check the following list:
Z Pool (https://zpool.ca/)
Step 5: Start Mining!
- Open that bat file and mining should begin automatically
*both the unzipped ccminer.exe and mbc.bat files should be in the same folder*
*closing the file will stop mining*
- Coins obtained from mining can only be transferred after 100 blocks later.
- Ex. if you mine 1 block. You can transfer those coins only after block 101.
*if it takes longer than 100 blocks. Be patient. It will eventually show up once the pools release the coins*
- Check your wallet amount on the MBC block explorer