Bitcoin makes another assault at $8,000, third time lucky?
- Bitcoin bulls are trying to make their way above critical $8,000.
- Litecoin is the best performing cryptocurrency of the day, up over 7%.
The cryptocurrency market is a mixed picture in Asia today, though bearish sentiments seem to remain dominant as Bitcoin and a good deal of major altcoins are in the red zone. The cryptocurrency marketcapitalization stayed at $253 billion, mostly unchanged from $254 billion on Tuesday; an average daily trading volume slipped to $58 billion amid growing volatility on the market.
- BTC/USD attempts to recover above $8,000 handle, though the breakthrough needs to be confirmed before we can claim that the first digital asset is out of the woods. At the time of writing, BTC/USD is changing hands at $8,015 amid growing volatility. The price has hardly changed from this time on Tuesday.
- Ethereum, the second largest digital asset with the current market capitalization of $26.1 billion, recovered to $248 handle after a drop below $230 on Monday. The coin has stayed unchanged on a day-on-day basis and gained nearly 2% in recent since the beginning of Wednesday.
- Ripple’s XRP is hovering below $0.40, as the bullish momentum cannot gain traction. The third largest coin with the current market capitalization of $16.5 has hardly changed from this time on Monday to trade at $0.3953 by press time.
- The biggest market-movers Litecoin (LTC) is still the biggest winner of the day. The 12th largest coin with the current market capitalization of $8.5 billion has gained over 7% in recent 24 hours to trade at $137.60 by press time.Binance Coin (BNB) is also a strong performer today. The coin is changing hands at $33.34, with nearly 5% of gains.