SEC Rejects Bitwise’s Latest Bitcoin ETF Proposal
1. The SEC announced that the ETF proposal, filed by Bitwise Asset Management in conjunction with NYSE Arca, did not meet legal requirements to prevent market manipulation or other illicit activities.
1. ETC Labs announced several new partnerships to expand the growing collaboration between Ethereum Classic and Ethereum;
2. At 20:07 UTC on Oct 10, Tether issued 20 million USDT on the Ethereum network at block height 8716062.
[Exchange & Wallet]
1. Binance will add support for Elrond (ERD) staking, starting from Oct 10;
2. Coinbase is building a new mobile App for clients of its professional trading platform；
3. A New York judge has rejected a New York Attorney General’s office request to have Bitfinex and Tether collect all documents pertaining to an alleged $850 million cover-up and $900 million line of credit.
1. A Virginia Bitcoin mining operation that filed for bankruptcy one year after receiving up to nearly $500,000 from the city of Virginia Beach has been ordered to liquidate its assets;
2. U.S lawyer and former litigator Jake Chervinsky stated on Twitter, “At this point, it’s reasonable to assume that Jay Clayton’s SEC will never approve a Bitcoin ETF;”
3. The Litecoin Foundation (LF) barely has any money left, down from more than one million in income last year to $70,000 in minus this year;
4. The Commodity Futures Trading Commission chair believes that Ether (ETH) is a commodity instead of security.