The official EOS.io testnet is here — The Cryptonomist
– block.one (@block_one_) January 15, 2020
Previously the whole thing was very difficult and required a very deep knowledge to be able to test the various smart contracts , since it was necessary to connect to the test network, where very often the Jungle network was used, and then perform the necessary tests to discover any errors and bugs in the smart contracts.
With this new tool, programmers will be able to directly create an account on the platform and then work with the generated environment, which will allow to:
- Have multi nodes for testing where the different nodes will be updated with the latest releases of EOS.io, which in this case is version 2.0;
- Have a tool to monitor the propagation of the smart contracts, test their effectiveness and monitor the resources they actually consume;
- Carry out a realistic test that allows seeing in real-time a simulation of the actual conditions of the network and then have direct feedback to verify if the smart contracts are able to operate under the current conditions of the network;
- Use the snapshot tool that allows taking all the accounts and extrapolating their information, such as account balances, in the event it is required for a general airdrop and under certain conditions, all without the hassle of reloading the blockchain;
- Use an official testnet tool developed directly by block.one and the best engineers it has, resulting in above-average reliability.
Thus, by connecting to the , the user can already operate in an updated and optimized environment where they can register with a developer account and then access the platform to develop and test smart contracts in a way that is very similar to the real thing.
Android developer for over 8 years with a dozen of developed apps, Alfredo at age 21 has climbed Mount Fuji following the saying: “He who climbs Mount Fuji once in his life is a wise man, who climbs him twice is a Crazy”. Among his app we find a Japanese database, a spam and virus database, the most complete database on Anime and Manga series birthdays and a shitcoin database. Sunday Miner, Alfredo has a passion for crypto and is a fan of EOS.