The world’s leading cryptocurrency exchange has tapped Patrick Hillmann, a GE and Edelman veteran, to become the company’s new Chief Communications Officer. Hillmann will be responsible for Binance’s public affairs division.
- The exchange announced the new appointment in a press release seen by CryptoPotato, which also outlined Hillmann’s new responsibilities.
- More precisely, he will oversee all aspects of the company’s corporate communications, public affairs, media relations, and stakeholder engagement efforts.
- He will also work alongside Binance’s compliance and security teams as the firm aims to comply with global regulators, which was a growing issue for the exchange earlier this year.
“We are working hand-in-glove with regulators around the world toward our mutual goal of protecting users, encouraging innovation, and further establishing the industry. Patrick’s fifteen years of experience working on global regulatory issues, such as GDPR, will be critical in advancing that work.” – commented Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao.
- Hillmann’s previous experience includes being the Global Head of Innovation on Edelman’s crisis and risk practice. Before that, he held senior government affairs and public affairs positions at General Electric (GE) and the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM).
- He believes joining Binance is a “once in a lifetime opportunity” as the organization is “truly changing the world.”
- Previously, the exchange hired a former US Treasury Criminal Investigator to enhance its regulatory compliance team and made Mark McGinness its Chief Regulatory Liaison Officer.