The last hour saw massive volatility on the cryptocurrency market, which coincided with serious tension and protest in the US Capitol. Ultimately, after a tumultuous hourly candle, Bitcoin managed to break $36,000 and chart a brand new all-time high.
- Bitcoin’s price saw serious volatility during the last couple of hours. It went on a roller-coaster, dumping to a low of about $34,300 on Binance.
- Ultimately, the price surged right back and is currently trading above $36,000 to mark a brand new all-time high at around $36,470.
- The majority of the cryptocurrency market followed in the footsteps of BTC. ETH, for example, dropped down to about $1,120 from an hourly high of about $1,214 and then recovered.
- These moves coincide with serious tension currently ongoing around the US Capitol.
- According to the latest CNN Reports, protesters incited by President Donald Trump stormed the Capitol. Officers have drawn guns in the House, and lawmakers were evacuated.
- Speaking on the matter was Jonathan Hoffman, chief Pentagon spokesman, who said:
The D.C. Guard has been mobilized to provide support to federal law enforcement in the District. Acting Secretary Miller has been in contact with Congressional leadership, and Secretary McCarthy has been working with the D.C. government. The law enforcement response will be led by the Department of Justice.
- Tweeting was also the President of the United States, who called for the protesters and “everyone at the U.S. Capitol to remain peaceful.”