I want to share some information about two projects I’ve learned about over the past few months. If you enjoy this post, please send positive energy to my crypto portfolio so that I can one day move from a studio apartment to a 1br.
Brave, the company that [formally requested to destroy google](https://micky.com.au/brave-files-formal-request-seeking-to-topple-google-advertising-monopoly), is a privacy-focused web browser that currently allows you to earn BAT on desktop and android.
In order to earn BAT, you first need to opt into Brave Rewards, which sends you privately matched ads that do not track you, and that pay you a revenue share to support the creators you like. In other words, you use Brave Browser and earn BAT by receiving ads (which you do not need to view in order to receive BAT). For example, I receive notifications from Brave browser that I never click on or read, and have earned about 12 BAT in 6 weeks.
With Brave, here a few of my favorite features:
* Sync your account to multiple platforms
* Auto block tracking scripts (trackers) and ads that depend on them (youtube is an amazing browsing experience now).
* Use Tor directly in a tab
**Earn BAT when you:**
* Use Brave Browser with Rewards enabled.
* Receive BAT tips as a content creator.
(edit: presearch requires 1000 pre before you can withdraw.)
* Use Brave Search (coming soon): Brave is working on a search engine to compete with Google. It’s not yet available but they plan to offer options for ad-free paid search and ad-supported free search. You can sign up for [early access](https://brave.com/search).
Presearch is a Decentralized Search Engine that does not track you or store your searches, and queries are handled by a decentralized network of node servers processing anonymized queries. It’s early on in development, and I’m unsure how successful this project will be. Either way, it’s an exciting time to try it out.
Keyword staking lets advertisers bid on keywords using PRE tokens to have their ads displayed. Whoever stakes or commits the most tokens to a keyword has their ad displayed. You still maintain ownership of your PRE while they are staked, but if you choose to ‘unstake’ them from a given term, or if someone stakes more than you, your ad won’t be shown.
**Earn PRE when you:**
* Search using Presearch.
* Operate a [node](https://www.presearch.io/nodes).
* Refer others to [join Presearch](https://presearch.org/signup?rid=2432098).