**I like both projects**, but I struggle to find the logic in the difference in marketcap other than the typical irrational market. This is not advice, just person observation.
* Polygon (MATIC coin) already has adoption – polkadot too.
* Polygon can do what Polkadot can do and more via alternative L2 options for Ethereum
* Polygon has ALL of the developer environment and tools of Ethereum – polkadot leans on Ethereum too, but not quiet the same transferability. Polygon has a clear advantage here.
* Polygon has the security of Ethereum as well as reach to Ethereum-based projects that want scalability-Polkadot does NOT have that.
* Polygon’s development was supported by TWO **competing** highest-profile exchanges, Coinbase (ventures) and Binance, which is uncommon
* Polygon (MATIC) is trading on Coinbase before Polkadot, an attribute of due diligence
It seem the Polygon is better situated as a hub for the “internet of blockchains” than Polkadot. Again, I like both projects a great deal, and this sector of blockchains is likely to become huge with room for both. **But the current marketcap of these two projects makes little sense to me**.
At the time of this post, Polkadot marketcap is >$30 billion, while MATIC (polygon) is <3 billion, greater than a order of magnitude difference, >10X. I do not see the logic in this.
[Pretty good conversation on bankless](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCJUBUTFElE)