Alpha Finance Lab, an interoperable ecosystem of DeFi products, has announced that as a part of laying the foundation to build a scalable Alpha ecosystem, it is now launching the Alpha Grants Program.
Alpha Grants Program
The Alpha Grants Program is a program in which the Alpha Finance core development team will give grants to Alpha Builders, well-organized development teams, and individuals with a proven track record of building in DeFi who want to contribute to building the Alpha ecosystem.
This program also allows the broader Alpha community to propose new development grants even if they do not plan to work on the proposed grants themselves. If the proposed development grants are approved by the Alpha Finance core development team, Alpha Thinkers (the person/team proposing the grant) will receive 5% of the grant amount in ALPHA tokens when the development is complete.
“With this structure, we are one step closer to decentralizing the project. Alpha Grants Program is one of the key components of a strong foundation we are putting in place. This foundation will allow us to build and incubate many DeFi products under the umbrella of Alpha Finance Lab in a scalable and secure way.”
– The Alpha Finance Lab Team
First Alpha Grant
The first developer grant will go to Alpha Builders to create a dashboard that contains key metrics regarding the Alpha ecosystem, to help the community understand trends/usages & get valuable insights.
- Read a high-level and detailed level overview of the grant here.
- The team is not expected to design the user interface, as a full UI mock-up by the Alpha Finance core development team will be given to the qualified team once selected.
- $1,500 – $2,000, paid in ALPHA tokens
How to apply as an Alpha Builder?
Next steps after applying?
- The Alpha Finance Lab will get back to teams within 14 days of receiving their email to either request more information or give a decision on their grant application.
- The qualified team of Alpha Builders will work closely with the Alpha Finance core development team.
- A full UI mock-up will be given to the qualified Alpha Builders.
Alpha Thinkers: Want to propose new development grants?
Those interested in becoming Alpha Thinkers can find a guideline to submit a new proposal here.
This is an open-ended grant program, so as long as a proposal contributes to the Alpha ecosystem or helps the Alpha ecosystem participants (e.g. token holders, token stakers, Alpha Homora lenders, Alpha Homora yield farmers) in some way, it is encouraged to submit a development idea.
As mentioned above, if the proposed development grants are approved by the Alpha Finance core development team, Alpha Thinkers (the person/team proposing the grant) will receive 5% of the grant amount in ALPHA tokens when the development is complete.
Proposals will be evaluated based on:
- Benefits the proposed developments provide to Alpha ecosystem participants.
- Business potential & viability.
- Capital efficiency/grant usage.
Alpha Finance Lab is a DeFi lab on a mission to build an ecosystem of DeFi products (the Alpha ecosystem), consisting of innovative building blocks that capture unaddressed demand in key pillars of the financial system. These building blocks will interoperate, creating the Alpha ecosystem that will be an innovative and more capital-efficient way to banking in DeFi. Alpha Homora is Alpha Finance Lab’s first product and DeFi’s first leveraged yield farming product that captures the market gap in lending, one of the key pillars of the financial system.