There are no boring days in crypto. Today, the popular meme coin DOGE skyrocketed to new a new ATH at $0.3. With its mind-blowing surge, Dogecoin became the eighth largest crypto by market cap and surpassed giants like Motorola and Delta Airlines by that metric.
- Dogecoin has always been able to grab people’s attention, and the past week or so is no exception.
- DOGE traded at $0.06 on April 10th but, and there’s no other word to explain this better, exploded in value in the following six days.
- To be more precise, DOGE’s price skyrocketed by 400% in this timeframe and registered a new all-time high of $0.3 earlier today.
- The asset entered the top ten coins by market cap and continued north to its current position as the 8th largest cryptocurrency.
- Additionally, Dogecoin has surpassed some well-known companies with decades of history. According to AssetDash, DOGE is currently the 400th largest asset by market cap, which places it in front of names like Motorola Solutions, Komatsu, and Delta Airlines.
- As previously reported, Dogecoin sees impressive adoption from celebrities. More recently, the billionaire investor and owner of the Dallas Mavericks, Mark Cuban, enabled DOGE payments for merchandise and tickets for his team and vowed never to sell even one coin.
- Speaking of celebrity endorsements, perhaps no one is a more vocal supporter of the Shiba Inu-inspired meme coin than Elon Musk. Apart from frequently posting about the token, including yesterday’s “DOGE barking at the Moon” picture, Musk also bought some for his son a few months back.
- If Musk still holds the coins for his child, the so-called “toddler hodler” would be sitting on a substantial profit. DOGE traded at $0.07 when Musk made the statement, and the current price of $0.24 means an ROI of 250% in two months.