The cryptocurrency hit five-month highs of over $4,200 earlier today, extending Wednesday’s 7.3% gain – the biggest since Oct. 1. The price chart shows the path of least resistance is to the higher side, and record highs could soon come into play.
- Ether has convincingly breached the bearish trendline connecting May and September highs. Bitcoin topped similar resistance earlier this month and clocked new record highs of over $66,000 on Wednesday.
- Ether has also flipped the September high of $4,030 into support.
- There is little resistance overhead on the way to $4,379 – the record reached in May.
- The relative strength index (RSI) on the 4-hour chart is signaling overbought conditions with an above-70 print. So, a pullback to former hurdle-turned-support at $4,030 may be seen before a continued rally to lifetime highs.
- The options market is leaning bullish, with investors buying out-of-the-money or higher strike call options on expectations that U.S. regulators would soon approve an exchange-traded fund (ETF) tied to ether futures contracts.