- The world’s leading cryptocurrency exchange, Binance, has temporarily suspended withdrawals for ERC20 tokens. Upbit and Huobi follow suit.
- The issue comes after Infura – an Ethereum infrastructure provider is also experiencing problems. The team announced earlier today that they are experiencing a service outage for their Ethereum Mainnet API.
- In a later update, they’ve revealed that they bought additional capacity online for the affected components and are “continuing to triage the root cause of the outage.”
- In the latest announcement, Infura revealed that they have managed to identify the root cause and are preparing a fix for the issue.
- Binance’s CEO revealed that there was an attempt at a chain split on Ethereum at block 11234873.
- He said that “Etherscan and Blockchair are showing two different chains and data after this block. We’re resolving now but have temporarily closed withdrawals. Funds are SAFU.”
- In any case, all of this happens as Ethereum 2.0 is getting ready for its genesis. There are currently over $23.8 million in ETH locked in the depositor contract, as Vitalik Buterin staked 3,200 ETH himself.
Binance Futures 50 USDT FREE Voucher: Use this link to register & get 10% off fees and 50 USDT when trading 500 USDT (limited offer).