Those companies whose job it is to manage the wealth and personal affairs of very rich people are now increasingly eyeing crypto, per a new survey.
American financial giant Goldman Sachs Group claims that nearly half of the family offices it does business with want to add digital currencies to their investments, Bloomberg reported.
The bank had conducted a survey that included responses from more than 150 family offices worldwide. Of the participating firms, 22% had assets under management of USD 5bn or more, while 45% oversaw USD 1bn – USD4.9bn.
The survey found that 15% of respondents are already invested in unspecified cryptocurrencies.
Furthermore, 45% would be interested in investing as a hedge for “higher inflation, prolonged low rates, and other macroeconomic developments following a year of unprecedented global monetary and fiscal stimulus.”
Respondents also indicated an interest in investing in the “digital asset ecosystem.”
Per Meena Flynn, who helps lead private wealth management for Goldman, the majority of families want to talk to them “about blockchain and digital ledger technology,” and there are many who think that “this technology is going to be as impactful as the internet has been from an efficiency and productivity perspective.”
However, other respondents said that they still had concerns about the long-term value of digital currencies, despite the financial industry’s recent larger adoption of crypto and emerging blockchain technologies.
At 15:02 UTC, bitcoin (BTC) trades at USD 31,879 and is up by 7% in a day. Ethereum (ETH) rallied by 9%, reaching USD 1,939.
All bullish news start now, have ya’ll noticed the pattern again?
— ₿unny (@CryptoBugsBunny) July 21, 2021
– Store Or Not Store Of Value? Three Reports Weigh In On Bitcoin
– Americans Increasingly Invest In Crypto Even During Downturn
– Pre-Crash Survey: 70% Of Institutional Investors Considered Investing In Crypto
– Bitcoin May Surpass USD 66K in 2021 and USD 400K by 2030 – ‘Panel of Experts’
– Some Central Bankers Show Interest in Bitcoin; Inflation Fears Mount
– Kiwis Flock To Crypto, NFTs Despite Risk Appetite Wanes – Survey
– Hedge Fund CFOs and Insurers Show a Growing Appetite for Crypto
– US Financial Advisers Up Crypto Recommendations as Interest Rises
– Knowledge of Crypto on the Rise, Encouraging Investment – Survey
– Developing Economies & Better Educated People Lead Crypto ‘Space Race’