Ethereum’s scaling hurdles have been at the center of technical discussions among DeFi aficionados and ETH proponents for quite some time now. Today, during the annual Shanghai Blockchain Week conference, Vitalik Buterin shared some thoughts on the matter.
- Vitalik Buterin, in his opening remarks during this year’s edition of the Shanghai Blockchain Week in China, talked about the future of Ethereum scaling.
- Reportedly, he believes that the only safe way to scale Ethereu while also maintaining a worthwhile level of decentralization is to use Layer 2 solutions.
- He acknowledged that there’s a serious need to make the network more scalable while also admitting that Ethereum’s native scaling solutions through sharding would take a long time.
- Instead, Rollups – a well-known and popular Layer 2 solution that handles transactions aside from the Ethereum chain and posts them on the chain, could provide a serious scalability factor.
- This is not the first time Buterin talks about Rollups and the benefits they could bring for the ecosystem.
- As CryptoPotato reported, he also said so on the Tim Ferris Podcast, even going so far as to claim that Ethereum can scale 100x in a few months using Rollups. That was back in March.