Josh Dorgan, a 31-year-old nurse from the US state of Nebraska, has turned crypto trading into a full-time job, providing him with a seven-figure revenue, or at least USD 1m, and more time to spend with his family.
He started to trade crypto in 2017 during his work breaks after coming across a news report on Facebook about bitcoin (BTC) breaking USD 2,000, Dorgan told Insider. With Covid-19 infections surging as the pandemic began in 2020, the trader said that balancing work and trading had become increasingly difficult.
“It was really hard sitting in my office making a few hundred dollars a day or whatever it was and then taking a trade on my lunch break and making my whole day’s wage in five minutes,” Dorgan told Bloomberg.
In August 2020, he quit his medical job to become a full-time trader after hiring a financial adviser and ensuring he had enough funds to make a living “in case it didn’t work out”. Today, the trader says he is “very happy” with the decision he had made, and his current investments include traditional markets, as well as cryptoassets such as bitcoin, litecoin (LTC), and ethereum (ETH).
Dorgan’s Facebook profile shows him enjoying jet skiing and the lake house the trader purchased.
As of publication time, Dorgan was still listed as a registered nurse on the website of his former employer, the University of Nebraska Medical Center, where he was a staff member of the Pediatric Nephrology Clinic of the Children’s Hospital & Medical Center.
“Of course I miss taking care of the kids [at the hospital], but I’m able to help people in other ways by teaching them how the markets work,” the trader said.
– 12-year-old NFT Whizz Rakes in USD 400K in Ethereum – and Wants to HODL it
– 9- and 14-year-old Bitcoin, ETH, RVN Miners ‘Make USD 30,000 a Month’
– SoftBank Boss Glad to Be out of Bitcoin, But His Firm Is Still in the Game
– Here’s How The Bitcoin Family Secures Their BTC, ETH & LTC Fortune
– Goldman Executive Quits After Reportedly Making ‘Millions’ Off Dogecoin
– Shaq Says He Won’t Invest In Crypto Until He Understands It