in

Only 1% of cryptocurrency exchange users actively engage in trading, while the other 99% have cryptos sitting dormant in their accounts

Only 1% of cryptocurrency exchange users actively engage in trading, while the other 99% have cryptos sitting dormant in their accounts



View Reddit by irregularBreakView Source

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

45 Comments

  1. As a community, we’re learning from past mistakes. Hodling on tight, playing the long game. This is why there won’t ever again be a crash as drastic as 2018. Another sign that this cycle is the sea-change for crypto.

  2. Meh, some exchanges ask you for ridiculous fees so .. I just leave them there with a sell limit order so absurd that it will eventually pay out. … if the exchange survives that long xD

  3. Im the only one that tries to catch the deeps and the lows? Not working perfectly and I’m not doing it all the time but sometimes it’s just so obvious when the price is not right. Anyway, I think the social trading platform provided by Decoin seems like a great tool. Until now I used crypto signal services and copy trades manually, I even tried crypto robots that can auto trade but it was shitty and clumsy

  4. I didn’t do any alt coin trading until the 2017 bull run. I used to have this ignorant mind set that all other cryptos were just Bitcoin copycats and not worth the time. When a friend introduced me to Ethereum, it literally blew my mind.

  5. The exchanges serve more of a first layer storage form for majority of the users.

    Despite the necessity of hardware wallets for large sums of Cryptocurrency, most people do not have the time and energy for investing in one.

  6. If you start looking at crypto as if it is money you should not look at trading. I bet less than 1% of people trade in fiat. You should be looking at acceptance and payment, that is the main use of a currency not the act of trading it to make a profit.

  7. That’s a rather dubious claim.

    Even if you told me 99% of crypto ASSETS are sitting dormant in accounts, I would doubt it. Let alone 99% of the users.

    There’s a reason crypto social media is so popular, despite crypto itself being still so niche. Day trading is increasingly popular, especially during this year’s bull run.

  8. Wow I’m part of the 1%

    190 trades since feb 19 (when i started crypto)

    Excessive? Maybe, but why waste time playing crappy mobile games or bettering myself when I could be making money during my idle times away from computer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  9. I’m glad for this post… I watch a few channels and I see people trading and it gives me the sense I’m really missing out on something… but, I just can’t be glued to the charts… I think the fun part of all this would be lost..

  10. Interesting. I always thought traders were a bigger percentage (still less than HODLers but much larger than 1%).

    I guess it’s mainly due to the fact that they’re more active on social media than the HODLers.

  11. While I have long term holding that I treat like a retirement account, I love the trading. I’m one of those folks who enjoys the charts and looking for trends. But it can be stressful.

  12. They also left out that 90% of the people that do trade also get burned. The odds are far in your favor holding your coins like an investment then taking a chance at having bigger bags trading.

Loading…

0

What do you think?

Ripple (XRP) Holds Key Support, What Are Chances of a Fresh Increase

Ripple (XRP) Holds Key Support, What Are Chances of a Fresh Increase

is bitcoin the best investment for millennium. millennium money