Steps to stay calm during your first dip:
* take a deep breath (4 seconds in, 6 seconds. This is very important as shallow breathing triggers fight or flight responses and deep breathing helps your body calm down: [https://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/relaxation-techniques-breath-control-helps-quell-errant-stress-response](https://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/relaxation-techniques-breath-control-helps-quell-errant-stress-response))
* grab a seat
* take a few more deep breath
* have some water, maybe even lie down for a few minutes
* go for a walk after your breathing exercises
* compose a strategy in preparation for the next dip (yes, they’ll be plenty more and you don’t want to panic sell at the dip like I did many times)
* continue to monitor the market, but not overly as you’ll most likely get anxiety
Remember. 4 seconds in. 6 seconds out. Repeat. Don’t do anything stupid.
Selling at the dip is silly but remember the young lad who thought his life wasn’t worth living anymore after the Robinhood incident?
Please. Call a friend if you must. Or reach out here. Life is worth living. The market will recover.
Keep calm. Carry on.
Good first noobs. We’re in this together.