NXT Superstar Ava, daughter of Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, is facing the harsh reality of rabid fandom after her father’s surprise appearance on WWE SmackDown sparked outrage amongst some viewers.
From Showrunner to Target:
- Ava, real name Simone Garcia Johnson, has reportedly received a barrage of hateful messages and even death threats online.
- Fans upset with the storyline shift, which many see as detrimental to Cody Rhodes’ push, are directing their anger at Ava despite her having no creative control.
- Ava took to social media to express her frustration, pleading with fans to leave her out of the controversy.
Voices of Support Rise Above Hate:
- Fellow wrestling personalities and fans have spoken out in Ava’s defense, condemning the toxic behavior and reminding everyone that Ava is simply doing her job as NXT General Manager.
- The scripted nature of professional wrestling and the importance of respecting performers even if storylines are disliked were emphasized.
The Rock Responds, But Questions Remain:
- Dwayne Johnson himself addressed the situation, acknowledging the “undeniable” energy of his appearance but also seemingly downplaying the negative impact on Cody Rhodes’ storyline.
- Fans remain divided, with some appreciating the moment while others express concern about derailing Rhodes’ momentum.
The Bottom Line:
- This incident highlights the dark side of passionate fandom and the importance of responsible online behavior.
- While fans have the right to express their opinions, directing hate and threats towards individuals not involved in creative decisions is unacceptable.
- The future of the storyline and its impact on both Ava and Cody Rhodes remains to be seen.
Let’s keep the conversation respectful and remember that real people are behind the characters we see on screen.