New York Times correspondent and CNN analyst Maggie Haberman said she was caught off guard by admissions former President Donald Trump made on the witness stand at his fraud trial — that “will be used against him” in deciding the trial.
Haberman made the comments on Tuesday morning’s edition of CNN This Morning. She said that she was “surprised” by some of Trump’s statements, which she said “could be used against him” in the case.
Haberman also said that she expects Trump’s daughter, Ivanka Trump, to try to “get in and out with as little damage as possible” when she testifies in the trial.
- Trump made some surprising admissions on the witness stand that could be used against him in the case.
- Haberman expects Ivanka Trump to try to avoid making any damaging statements when she testifies.
- The judge in the case has already expressed an opinion of Trump, and his behavior could influence the outcome of the trial.
Haberman’s comments suggest that Trump’s testimony could have a significant impact on the outcome of the trial. His admissions could be used to prove that he committed fraud, and his behavior on the stand could further alienate the judge.
Ivanka Trump’s testimony is also likely to be important. She is a close associate of her father, and she could provide key information about his business dealings. However, she is also likely to be careful about what she says, as she does not want to damage her own reputation.
The judge in the case, Arthur Engoron, has already expressed an opinion of Trump. He has questioned Trump’s credibility and his behavior on the stand. This suggests that he may be more likely to rule against Trump in the case.
Overall, the trial is still in its early stages, and it is difficult to say what the outcome will be. However, Trump’s testimony and Ivanka Trump’s testimony could have a significant impact on the case.
- Trump has been very angry about the case, and he has attacked the attorney general and the judge.
- Trump’s lawyers hope that Engoron made mistakes during the trial that they can use to appeal the case.
The trial of former President Donald Trump is a complex and high-stakes case. It is still too early to say what the outcome will be, but Trump’s testimony and Ivanka Trump’s testimony could have a significant impact on the case.