Megan Thee Stallion has settled her lawsuit against her record label, 1501 Certified Entertainment. The terms of the settlement are confidential, but it is reported that Megan has been released from her contract with the label.
Megan filed the lawsuit in February 2022, alleging that 1501 was preventing her from releasing new music. She also claimed that the label was underpaying her royalties.
Megan Thee Stallion performing at an event for White Fox Boutique in Los Angeles last night. pic.twitter.com/kcIO9THNUz
— Stallion Access (@stallionaccess) October 19, 2023
The lawsuit has been ongoing for several months, and it is unclear what caused the two parties to reach a settlement. However, it is clear that Megan is now free to release new music on her own terms.
Gossip Girls Say:
- We’re so glad that Megan Thee Stallion has finally settled her lawsuit with her record label. She deserves to be free to make her own music and release it on her own terms.
- We’re curious to see what Megan does next. Will she release a new album? Go on tour? Start her own record label? The possibilities are endless!
- We’re excited to see what the future holds for Megan Thee Stallion. She’s one of the most talented and successful rappers in the world, and we can’t wait to see what she does next.
- Some fans are speculating that Megan Thee Stallion’s settlement with her record label could pave the way for her to sign with a major label, such as Universal Music Group or Sony Music Entertainment.
- Others are speculating that Megan Thee Stallion could start her own record label, following in the footsteps of other successful rappers such as Kanye West and Jay-Z.
- Only time will tell what Megan Thee Stallion does next, but we’re sure it will be something big.
Chrisean Rock reacts to Blueface claiming he linked with Megan Thee Stallion 👀😳 pic.twitter.com/pcsZVECI4q
— Hip Hop Ties (@HipHopTiesMedia) October 17, 2023